Do you know the ten characteristics of titanium? (1)
In the magnetron sputtering process, the titanium target is one of the most commonly used targets. The titanium target not only has good adhesion, but also can use a titanium target plus a suitable reaction gas to make a variety of beautiful colors. I have a look at the characteristics and advantages of titanium.
1. First of all, it is certain that the titanium target can be made in many colors, such as titanium gray, gun gray, black, imitation gold, brown, blue, purple, etc. There are many more, everyone can have a new color to add a message.
2. Secondly, the adhesion of titanium is very good, and it has very good adhesion to ceramics and glass substrates, so titanium can be used for the base film material of the film with poor adhesion. Titanium can also be used as a material for film resistors or film capacitors.
3. Titanium has strong adsorption to reactive gases (such as CO, CO2, N2, O2 and water vapor above 650 °C). The fresh Ti film evaporated on the mercury wall forms a highly adsorbable surface with excellent surface properties. The gettering performance can almost chemically react with all gases except the inert gas. This property makes Ti widely used as a getter in ultra-high vacuum pumping systems, such as titanium sublimation pumps, sputter ion pumps, and the like.
4. Corrosion resistance, titanium is a very active metal, its equilibrium potential is very low, and the tendency of thermodynamic corrosion in the medium is large. In practice, however, titanium is very stable in many media, such as titanium, which is resistant to corrosion in media such as oxidizing, neutral, and weakly reducing. This is because titanium and oxygen have a great affinity. In the air or in an oxygen-containing medium, a dense, highly adherent and inert oxide film is formed on the surface of the titanium to protect the titanium substrate from corrosion. Even if it is mechanically worn, it will heal quickly or regenerate. This indicates that titanium is a metal with a strong tendency to passivate. The oxide film of titanium with a medium temperature below 315 ° C always maintains this characteristic. Titanium has metallic luster and is malleable. The density is 4.5 g/cm 3 . Melting point 1660 ± 10 ° C. The boiling point is 3287 °C. The valence price is +2, +3 and +4. The ionization energy is 6.82 eV. The main characteristics of titanium are low density, high mechanical strength and easy processing. The plasticity of titanium depends mainly on purity. The purer the titanium, the greater the plasticity. It has good corrosion resistance and is not affected by the atmosphere and sea water. At normal temperature, it will not be corroded by 7% hydrochloric acid, 5% sulfuric acid, nitric acid, aqua regia or dilute alkali solution; only hydrofluoric acid, concentrated hydrochloric acid, concentrated sulfuric acid, etc. can act on it.
5. Titanium has "probiotic" properties. In the human body, it can resist the corrosion of secretions and is non-toxic, and it is suitable for any sterilization method. Therefore, it is widely used in the manufacture of medical devices, artificial hip joints, knee joints, shoulder joints, flank joints, skull bones, active heart valves, bone fixation clips. When new muscle fibers are wrapped around these "titanium bones", these titanium bones begin to maintain the normal activities of the human body. Titanium is a non-magnetic metal that is not magnetized in a large magnetic field, non-toxic and Human tissue and blood have good compatibility, so they are used by the medical community.