Finishing process required for titanium processing
It can be seen from the process flow of titanium processing that the different plastic processing processes and the finishing processes required for titanium materials are not identical; the finishing processes of different types of titanium materials after processing are also different. In practice, the finishing of the process can only be designed according to actual needs. After titanium plastic processing, in order to meet the user's final requirements for the final requirements of titanium surface quality, size, shape and certain properties, collectively referred to as finishing. In other words, the overall process of post-processing is finishing. However, in general, finishing should include heat treatment, surface cleaning, cutting, straightening, surface treatment, testing, marking, packaging and other processes. Winding and unwinding shearing should also be included for wire and tape. In order to expand the product variety, the surface treatment of the product can also be included in the finishing range. The following process is briefly introduced:
(1) Heat treatment. A process of heating, cooling, and holding to improve the microstructure, residual stress state, and mechanical properties of titanium. There are a variety of heat treatment methods, generally according to the needs of users.
(2) Surface purification. Titanium after plastic processing tends to adhere to oil, and some are coated with scale, which must be degreased and descaled. These oxide scales adhere to the outer surface of the titanium material and are very strong. It is often necessary to remove them according to different thicknesses of the scale. Sometimes it is often necessary to use alkaline washing and pickling to achieve surface cleaning.
(3) Cut off. The process of cutting the product according to the size requirement after the plastic working of titanium. At this point, the irregular parts at either or both sides of the product can be removed to obtain the required size. When the local defects of the titanium material are severely unrepairable, the defects should also be partially removed. The titanium plate strip is usually cut by a shearing machine, and the pipe is sawed by a sawing machine.
(4) Straightening. A process for correcting shape defects after plastic working of titanium. Shape defects such as titanium plate change, titanium tube bending or twisting need to be corrected to make it a straight and tidy qualified product.
(5) Surface treatment. Since the titanium material is sensitive to the notch, surface defects such as cracks and gettering layers in the production process should be cleaned in time by grinding or the like to prevent further deepening during the deformation process. At the same time, in order to improve the surface coloration, oxidation resistance, corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance and surface activity of the titanium material, surface treatment is sometimes required.
(6) Rolling. It is a process in which a titanium strip and a titanium wire are wound into a roll. In order to facilitate storage and transportation, the product is supplied in rolls. The take-up is performed on the coiler.
(7) Unwinding shearing. The rolled titanium wire or titanium tape is opened, flattened and cut, and cut into a single sheet or a narrow strip or a small titanium coil which is required by the user.
(8) Testing. In order to ensure that the product meets the standards or meets the requirements of the user, the finished product is inspected for size, shape and surface defects. The defects detected are then corrected, repaired, cut or discarded according to the situation. At the same time, the mechanical properties and microstructure of titanium materials are sampled and tested, and non-destructive testing is added to the seamless titanium tubes. At the same time, the customer is given a qualified report.
(9) Logo. In order to facilitate user use and transportation, and to track product quality, all manufactured products should have a logo. The logo can be printed directly on the product while the sign is strapped to the product. Because titanium is a valuable product, there should be a printed logo on every titanium product. The content of the logo should include the grade, specification, batch number, factory standard, etc.
(10) Packaging. In order to facilitate product transportation and to prevent damage to the product during transportation, it is necessary to bundle and package before leaving the factory. The method of bundling varies from product to product, such as small cross-section profiles and titanium bars can be bundled or plated; strips and wires can be rolled; plates, pipes are applied to wood or thin titanium plates for box packaging