Test standards for titanium pressure vessels and titanium flanges
Since the properties of titanium and titanium alloy materials and steel have many similarities or similarities, the basic criteria for container design and three failure modes considered in GB150-2011 Steel Pressure Vessels are strength failure, stiffness failure and stability. Failure is also applicable to titanium equipment. At present, in addition to Russia's special titanium equipment strength calculation standards, other national standards, such as the US ASME, Japan JIS and other steel pressure components standards, use the same formula. Therefore, this standard stipulates that the design and calculation of all components of the titanium tube manufacturer's all-titanium, titanium composite steel plate and titanium-lined steel equipment shall be carried out according to GB150-2011 "Steel Pressure Vessel".
(1) Internal pressure cylinder and internal pressure spherical shell
The calculation formulas of the internal pressure cylinder and the internal pressure spherical shell are consistent with GB150-2011. For the theoretical explanation, refer to the standard definition of "internal pressure cylinder and internal pressure spherical shell" in Chapter 5 of GB150-2011.
(2) External pressure cylinder and external pressure spherical shell
The calculation method and procedure of the external pressure cylinder and the spherical shell are in accordance with GB150-2011; the calculation of the external pressure cylinder and the spherical shell wall thickness of titanium is made by domestic titanium plate.
The design of the external pressure cylinder reinforcement ring is calculated according to GB150-2011. The material of the reinforcement ring can be titanium or steel. The connection between the former and the housing is intermittent welding, and the connection between the latter and the housing is brazed.
(3) The design formula of titanium head is consistent with GB150-2011. For the theoretical explanation, please refer to the standard interpretation of Chapter 7 “Head” of GB150-2011. The calculation of the external pressure head can be calculated by the external pressure wall thickness calculation in Chapter 6 of this standard.
(4) The formula for calculating the opening and opening reinforcement is consistent with GB150-2011. For the theoretical explanation, refer to the standard definition of “opening and opening reinforcement” in Chapter 8 of GB150-2011.
Large opening diameters that are not separately reinforced in GB150-2011 are eliminated. Whether the container opening is to be reinforced and how to reinforce it is up to the designer. The strength reduction coefficient in the reinforcing area required to open the cylinder or the spherical shell is all f=+-10
(5) The flange used in the titanium pressure vessel usually adopts the following structures, namely the titanium pipe flange and the titanium welding ring jacket steel sleeve flange, the titanium-lined steel flange and the thick-walled titanium tube. The thread is connected by a threaded flange. These structural designers can refer to the flanges of similar structures in GB150-2011 for strength calculation. This standard does not list the calculation formula. For a theoretical explanation of titanium flanges, refer to the standard definition of "Flange" in Chapter 9 of GB150-2011.